For many people across the world winter can be an intense and expensive time of the year. Trying to keep warm during this time of the year can cause your energy usage to go up dramatically. However there are many different ways you can insulate your windows to cut these costs and put some of that money back in your pocket. There are a wide range of options for you to choose from depending on your situation and budget. Whether you want to spend a minimal amount of money or you are interested in investing in a long term solution there are many different methods that can be used to help keep your home insulated properly.
If you’re on a budget there are several simple ways you can make sure you aren’t wasting or losing any heat. Some simple ideas to keep your home warm include:
- Using weather stripping, caulk, and draft snakes to seal up any small openings that could create drafts and let energy escape
- Use thick material for your drapes and curtains to provide an extra layer of insulation while also preventing heat loss through the windows
Bubble wrap works very well as insulation when layered on windows. Its fast and easy to install or take off and it’s also very cheap making it a fan favorite
If you’re more interested and willing to invest in a long term solution that will will save you thousands over the lifetime of owning your home there are also many options that you can choose from the following:
- Specially insulated double or triple pane windows are created specifically for the purpose of insulation, they can be pricey but in the long run will save you big time
- Window Insulation Film works as another barrier to prevent heat loss, this can be done professionally or by the homeowner using one of the many DIY kits sold in stores
- Or any of the many other products such as storm windows, cellular shaders, reflective materials, etc can all save money and energy usage
Making sure your windows are insulated properly so that your home is as energy efficient as possible is a very important process if you want to save as much money as possible. By analyzing your needs, and resources you will be able to determine which of the many different options of window insulation works best for you. Whether you are on a budget or you want the best money has to offer there are many choices to help keep money in your pocket and the warmth inside your home!